Understanding Intellectual Property defines exactly what a copyright, trademark, and patent are and what kinds of protection they might afford your business. The process of establishing such protection is presented for each kind of property. Also discussed are international intellectual property protection issues, as well as, important legal documents such as non-disclosure agreements. A primer concludes this course which details the prior details to prepare before meeting with intellectual property attorney.
Topics covered by this course include:
- Intro to intellectual property
- What is a trademark?
- What is a patent?
- What is a copyright?
- Understanding trade secrets
- Federal, state, and employees issues
- Internet intellectual property
- International intellectual property
- Creating & realizing the value of intellectual property
- Understanding confidentiality agreements