3 – Cash Flow Assessment
Understanding your current cash flow is an incredibly important factoring in assessing your business's financial health. Begin by reviewing the questions below and then the topic-specific resources.
- Have you determined how much cash your business currently has available by creating a cash flow statement?
- Have you created a balance sheet and a profit and loss statement from the beginning of the current fiscal/calendar year?
- Have you spoken to your landlord about securing more favorable rent or mortgage terms?
- Have you spoken to your lender to determine if existing loan terms can be renegotiated?
- Have you evaluated where you can reduce or eliminate costs?
- Can you afford to reopen your business? If you cannot afford your recovery plan, have you considered exiting the business?
- Do you have unused assets that should be sold?