1 – Marketing and Communications
- How do you intend to advertise that your business has re-opened? What is your communication plan?
- Have you analyzed your local, regional, and/or national competition?
- Have you identified your target customer and how to best reach them?
- Have you identified the key stakeholders and customers to target?
- What items and practices should be added to your existing marketing strategy?
- If customer orders have been lost or you simply cannot support them on time, have you informed those customers?
- Have you re-evaluated what your customer is willing and able to pay for in this new environment?
Google and Beyond: Marketing on the Web - Presented by Ray Sidney-Smith
Branding and Messaging to Cut Through the Noise-Loudoun SBDC
Topic: Marketing and Communications
Summary: Strong brand and clear messaging are critical to your business surviving the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. Your challenge is to find the right message at the right time, while maintaining a good reputation.
Key Learning Objectives and Actionable Insights:
- Learn why maintaining a good brand reputation is important to staying in business and what you can do to keep your reputation strong.
- Gain clarity on the types of messages to send in order to get and keep customers.
- Understand timing and tone of messaging and the role each plays in customer engagement.
Presenters: Sharon L. Wright, Owner & President and Deb Haynes Swider, Chief Strategist, Loud & Clear Marketing
Introduction/Agenda – (6 min)
What is marketing? – 6:04 (3 min)
What is branding? - 8:41 (7 min)
Why branding is important – (2.5 min)
Branding tips - (9.5 min)
Questions to ask yourself about your brand - (4.5 min)
What is messaging? - (2 min)
Why messaging is important - (2 min)
Messaging tips - (12 min)
Resources/Tools – (2.5 min)
Marketing and Promoting your Business on the Web-Presented by Ray Sidney-Smith
Introduction/Agenda – (4.5 min)
Digital marketing basics - (8 min)
Consumer psychology in uncertain times - (7 min)
Five stages of marketing strategy - (31 min)
- Pause, breathe, plan, repeat - (8 min)
- Lead generation: Content and Advertising – (13.5 min)
- Lead capturing and nurturing - (3.5 min)
- Sales - (referenced webinar) (3 min)
- Post-sale nurture: Referrals and Repeats - (3 min)
Final recommendations - (4.5 min)
3 Things You Can Do to Connect with Your Customers During Social Distancing-Lord Fairfax SBDC
Introduction/Agenda – (4 min)
How best to use email to connect – (6.5 min)
How best to utilize phone calls - (5 min)
Actions to consider taking - (1 min)
Resources/Contact information - (1 min)
Crisis Communication-Roanoke SBDC
Introduction – (2.5 min)
What is a crisis? - (6 min)
Why does Crisis Communications Planning matter? - (3.5 min)
The Crisis Plan: Outline - (7 min)
How to best craft your messaging – (6 min)
How should you communicate in a crisis? - (2 min)