4 – New Ideas for Moving Forward
As businesses reopen, a number of considerations must be made related to how you do business. Begin by reviewing the questions below and then the topic-specific resources.
- Have you documented lessons learned from your business recovery?
- Have you reviewed your insurance coverage to see whether it is adequate and whether there are any gaps in your coverage?
- Will you need to change your business model, either in the short-term or permanently?
- Are there new distribution channels you should consider?
- Are there new products or services you can offer to diversify your business?
Business Model Resources
Innovation during COVID-19
Different Digital Products and Services to Consider Offering as a Small Business-Presented by Ray Sidney-Smith
Introduction/Agenda —0:00 (4 min)
What are digital goods and services? – (1.5 min)
Things to consider about your digital goods/services – (11.5 min)
Types of digital goods/services – (35.5 min)
- Digital Media - (11 min)
- Subscriptions – (6 min)
- Advertising/Influence Campaigns – (2 min)
- Digital merchandise and virtual goods/money – (4 min)
- Tickets to virtual events – (2 min)
- Access to digital community platforms - (1 min)
- Interactive media - (2 min)
- Digital courses - (1 min)
- Software/Software-as-a-Service – (4 min)
- Streamlined, virtual services – (1.5 min)
Closeout/Q&A – (4.5 min)