1 – Safety and Workplace Guidelines
As you continue business operations, a detailed plan should be in place to account for the current situation. Because of the changes COVID-19 has brought about, it is important to not only think about continuing operations, but how to reimagine your business. Begin by reviewing the questions below and then the topic-specific resources.
- Is attempting to continue operations without any changes possible? If not, what will need to change?
- Have you familiarized yourself with health/governmental COVID regulations?
- Are you in compliance with the Virginia’s Emergency Temporary Standard regulation?
- Have you conducted a job hazard risk assessment specific to COVID-19?
- Have you updated your policies and to include self-reporting, notification and return-to-work procedures?
- Have you trained your employees on new policies and procedures?
- Do you have well-articulated protocols to keep your staff and customers safe?
Business Operations Guidelines:
- Guidelines from the Virginia Governor’s Office: Physical Distancing, Cleaning, and Workplace Safety Best Practices
- Emergency Temporary Standards Explained
- CDC – Prepare, Plan, and Respond – Safety Guidance for Employers and Employees
- CDC – Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting
Business Operations Best Practices: