3 – Supply Chain
Understanding your supply chain is a critical factor in reopening and ensuring you can meet the demands of your customers. Begin by reviewing the questions below and then the topic-specific resources.
- Are your inventory, supplies, and equipment adequate? Do you have a sufficient, resilient supply chain in place to operate? Do you need to cancel/postpone current orders or delay purchasing new supply/inventory?
- Have you connected with each vendor, supplier, and member of your supply chain?
- Do you have a clear picture of each link in your mission-critical supply chain?
- Have you clearly communicated your needs and expectations to your suppliers?
- Is there a need to renegotiate pricing or payment terms with those in your supply chain?
- Do you have defined alternatives in the event that one or more of your suppliers is unable to meet your needs?
- Is there a plan in place for continuously analyzing the performance of your supply chain?
Below is a list of resources on the supply chain topic:
- FEMA – Supply Chain Resilience Guide
- Global Trade Magazine – Importance of Supply Chain Resilience: An overview of why supply chain resilience is important when the free flow of commerce is interrupted.