Are you interested in contracting with George Mason University? This webinar covers the types of contracting opportunities available to small businesses and some resources that are available to help you along the way. A panel of speakers from George Mason University, Mason Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Virginia Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), and Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (SBSD) cover the following topics:
How to navigate through the Mason procurement system
· What does Mason expect from vendors?
· How does a business find Mason opportunities?
· How does Mason pay for purchases?
Overview of Mason business counseling resources
· How a Small, Women-owned, and Minority-owned Business (SWaM) certification might benefit your small business.
· How to obtain a SWaM certification.
· How to get your business set up in eVA, Virginia’s procurement system.
· Marketing as a government contractor.
· List of free training and advising available to help you learn what you need to know to get started with government contracting.
This 1-hour and 30-minute webinar concludes with a Q&A session. Please bring your questions to ask the speakers.
Jason Hawkins, Director, Supplier Diversity at George Mason University
Timm Johnson, Director of the Mason SBDC
Lisa Wood, Statewide Director of the Virginia PTAC at George Mason University
Chris Ley, Business Services Manager, Northern Virginia SBSD