Finding and Attracting an Investor examines the peculiar nature of investment capital. The course presents practical tactics on how to identify and secure different types of capital including seed capital, angel capital, and venture capital. The process used by different kinds of investors is presented and the tools for completing the fund-raising process are presented. Special focus is given to the federal and state laws that govern the capital and securities process.
Topics covered by this course include:
- What is an investor?
- The investment process
- Obtaining seed capital
- Obtaining angel capital
- Obtaining venture capital
- Creating a business plan
- Legal considerations and concerns
- Criteria for a new company
- Investor presentations and pitches
- Where to find investors
- To define what an investor is and how they operate.
- To examine the different kinds of investors and what they look for in a deal.
- To provide a detailed look at what the investment process usually entails.
- To coach you on presenting your company to prospective investors.
- To help in the process of finding and locating investors.
Course is approximately 2.0 hours to 2.5 hours in length and provides over 138 animated slides complete with voiceover narration.
You must have Flash enabled to access the courses. We are also aware the video player on performs differently depending on the computer and the browser combination you use. You must have Flash enable to access the courses.
We recommend using Firefox and if that gives problems, next try Internet Explorer then Chrome to see what works for your combination.